Civil Projects Line Marking
You might wonder where our line marking comes into the civil projects picture. As you probably know, the civil construction industry revolves around the planning, design and building of society’s infrastructure.
Think bridges, motorways, airports, and buildings.
Imagine then, a new multi-storey car park being built next to a hospital. In the planning stage, the architect will have prepared drawings showing the car park lines, pedestrian crossings, stop bars, give way lines, road lines, arrows and what signage is needed. Linemarkers South East Queensland will prepare a quotation from drawings or bills of quantity.
The project manager will then schedule the line marking towards the end of the build. This is to ensure the painted areas are as crisp and fresh as possible before the hospital car park is opened to the public.
We at Linemarkers South East Queensland appreciate a clear area to paint on and would love to be the very last subcontractor on site. However, we also appreciate that project timetables can over-run and trades need to be working around us. Our line marking crews are experienced and well-trained professionals. We keep our work area clean and set ourselves up to minimise disruption to the other contractors still onsite.
As professional and experienced line markers we have a strong focus on safety. How do we do this?
- We liaise with the site contact to ensure we are working at a quiet traffic time
- We complete our clients’ online inductions and attend site inductions
- Each crew receives a detailed job sheet with relevant plans and drawings attached
- Every job carries a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) which is gone through and signed by all crew prior to starting work
- Our equipment is maintained to high standards
- All electrical equipment is tested and tagged regularly
- Our crews are supplied with uniforms and PPE
- We carry full public and product liability insurances and work cover certificates
- Material Safety Data Sheets are available for all products we use
- Every vehicle carries a first aid kit and fire extinguisher
Our line marking crew have either achieved or are working towards Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road Marking).
We use quality line marking paints and ensure the surface is properly prepared, to provide long lasting results. The extra time and effort we apply to our work is one key difference between us and our competitors.
In our scenario, the hospital car park civil project is complete. Soon the visitors and patients will be driving in and finding their way with signs and arrows, parking inside fresh new car park lines, walking across pedestrian crossings and when finished, repeating the whole process to leave. There is a good chance that none of these people will notice the line marking. They will have more important things on their minds. However, the line marking ensures safety, smooth travelling and order in the car park. None of us can do without it.